Shiatsu massage originates from Japan and is a special finger pressure massage. It is worked with touches, a gentle pressure, by leaning and with the massage of certain body parts. Basically, the aim is to rebalance the body, relieve tension and release energy flows.
There are two types of massage in a Shiatsu massage:
- The variant according to Namikoshi: The reflex points of the central nervous system are given special attention (these are pressed and massaged).
- The variant according to Masunga: the energy pathways of the body are stimulated by placing the hands on them.
- Promotion of blood circulation
- Dissolution of tensions
- Improvement of the musculoskeletal system
- Relief of digestive problems
- Strengthening of the nervous system
- Strengthening of the immune system by activating the self-healing powers
- Stress reduction